National Cadet Corps is a national Organization, engaged in grooming the youth – “The Leaders of Tomorrow” – into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
Establishment of NCC
NCC has established in the University corps which was created under the Defence Act, 1917 with the objective to make up the shortage of the trained army officers.
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) is a national organization which has helped in inculcation in the cadets a spirits of courage, confidence, self – reliance, selfless, service, a feeling of patriotism, faith in oneself, power of thought and adjustment which are essential to make the youth disciplined and dutiful.
- The formation of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) under the NCC Act, 1948 was a major milestone for the development of the student community. With its motto of “Unity And Discipline”, the NCC has become instrumental in molding the character and imparting in our students a dynamic outlook during their school and college education.
AIM of NCC
- To Develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, Secular Outlook, Spirit of Adventure, and Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country.
- To Create a Human Resource of Organized, Trained and Motivated Youth.
- To Provide Leadership in all Walks of life and be Always Available for the Service of the Nation.
- To Provide a Suitable Environment to Motivate the Youth to Take Up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Camps of NCC
- Combined Annual Training camp
- Course at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Darjeeling & Manali
- National Integration Camp (NIC)
- Republic Day Camp (RDC)
- Tal Sainik Camp
- Vayu Sainik Camp (VSC)
- Nau Sainik Camp (NSC)
- Paratroopers camp
- Social Service Camp (SSC)
- Youth exchange Program (YEP)
- Advanced Leadership Camp (ALC)
- Hiking And Trekking Camps
- Drill Training
- Weapon Training
- Adventure Training
- Blood Donation
The College has two N.C.C. Companies.
Capt. R.P. Maun, Company Commander Coy 4/10
Lt. Raghbir Singh, Company Commander Coy 5/10
The “C” certificate holders in N.C.C. get reservation in Military Services for the post of officers. They are also entitled to get 5% weightage for admission to the institutions of higher education. C.M. scholarship is also awarded to the outstanding cadets.
Our NCC cadet, Mr. Romesh Mehta, was honoured by Ex-Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi with the “Cane of Honour”. Our cadets get the honor to participate in the Republic Day Parade in National Capital from time to time.